We are looking for a full-time WooCommerce/WordPress Support Engineer to join our happy little crew. If you can see yourself doing the following, we’d love to hear from you:
- Providing exceptional customer service as our dedicated support engineer, helping eCommerce entrepreneurs
- Using your excellent written communication skills to correspond with our customers and partners
- Solving problems by replicating an issue and going down the code rabbit hole until you find a resolution
- Helping choose new features for new versions of our software based on popularity of request for those features
- Utilising your attention to detail when writing code to conform to both WordPress and internal code standards
- Working remotely from wherever you are, but travelling to company meetups once or twice per year
The role does not involve pre-sales questions. It also requires you to go well beyond basic troubleshooting steps.
The tickets that arrive in your inbox will be especially tricky questions or issues that require a combination of a love of solving puzzles, exceptional attention to detail and persistence to look for clues in new application environments and strong technical knowledge of both the application level (PHP, WordPress, WooCommerce) and on occasion, the server level (Apache, Nginx, Linux) of the environments in which our software runs.
You are a kind hearted and good natured person, who is comfortable with self-directed work yet also happy to do that work as part of a team. If you are an extrovert, you will need to at least understand and have empathy for introverts, which make up the majority of the team.
Your technical skills are as follows:
- Experience with WooCommerce, ideally in writing code for it, but will consider experience only in using it for the right candidate
- Writing code in HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL & WordPress, either for front-end work like theming, or back-end work, like plugins – strong, proven knowledge of WordPress’s technical APIs, (actions/filters etc) is required
- Experience with Git, GitHub
- Proven experience in providing technical support or customer service in previous roles
On a personal level:
- You are diligent and have excellent attention to detail
- You are friendly, polite and kindhearted, you also love to help others
- You are very intelligent (which can be demonstrated through school test results or less formal methods like exceptional written communication)
- You are collaborative rather than competitive
- You communicate clearly in English
You also have a positive mindset, and take pride in your work as you are committed to consistently doing the best job possible. You seek out opportunities for self-improvement as a path to personal and professional development.
You are also comfortable with bad puns or at least with people who attempt to use them 😉
Although not necessary, we’d love it if you have the following (attributes):
- Fluency in a second (human) language
- Involvement with your local WordPress community (meetups, WordCamps etc.)
- Involvement with the global WooCommerce community (meetups, submitted patches to WooCommerce core etc.)