PeopleDoc has been growing like crazy during the last 4 years, and hopefully it’s not going to stop! The R&D teams is always in the process of improving our application for our users and supporting the incredible growth of PeopleDoc.
In this role, you will work closely with product owners, UX developers, SRE, DBAs, Support teams, and other web engineers to push forward the implementation of new features while also helping us to scale our platform. As a member of one of our feature teams, you will join a friendly and talented group of python developers, within a dynamic, forward looking company, facing great engineering challenges.
Our stack includes: Python/Django, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Ansible, ember.js, Java/Scala
Successful candidate will be able to:
- Design, ship and test new features in collaboration with the Product Team
- Use your deep understanding of web technologies and APIs to advise on the system’s architecture
- Push your code in production, improve our deployment process and monitor it
- Analyze, rethink and refactor the code to scale the application
- Write unit, functional and performances tests
- Contribute to our OpenSource Projects
What you bring to the table:
- The ability to write tested, production grade Python
- Extensive SQL skills
- A solid understanding of Linux development and automation tools (we use Ansible to manage configuration, and you are expected to deploy your own application and features)
- Like to learn & share, you are passionate and humble about your skills
- Be user focused – ultimately, we are working for our users!
- Excellent communication skills. As a team and “international company” we communicate mostly in English, but R&D is based in Paris, so French is mandatory
- Computer Science degree is viewed favorably
- Open to remote workers in France and Germany