We are looking for our third Database Administrator to join our newly developed data team. This team is in charge of the global data strategy at PeopleDoc and currently comprised of 2 DBA’s and one Data Engineer.
This individual will be in charge of PostgreSQL and Citus clusters ( 50 clusters with most of them on 9.6 version). He/She will also assist developer team to write good SQL queries and be in charge of SQL migration with other team members. Our Database clusters are hosted in 3 mains places (FR, UK and US) and are all managed with ansible and for some of them in OpenStack VM.
PeopleDoc has organized the team with agile methodology and continues to be up to date as possible, each member of the team can be involved in research project to push new technologies in our stack. PeopleDoc is a regular sponsor of PostgreSQL meetup in France, and encouraged the employee to attend technical conference or talk at them. Depending on his/her knowledge he/she may administer ElasticSearch and Redis clusters too.
The position is open at Paris and can be remote in France or Germany.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Be able to work in a full GNU/Linux environment (Debian)
- Ability to work in team environment (R&D and other DBA’s)
- Know PostgreSQL main features
- Curiosity for technology
- Love to share his/her knowledge with others
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience in GNU/Linux environment
- Strong Database knowledge (PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle)
- Experience with Ansible or any other app deployment software